Maryhill Museum Of Art


www.maryhillmuseum.org

E-mail: maryhill@gorge.net

Caryatid, 41.5 cm high,
terracotta and plaster


Maryhill Museum Of Art, Goldendale

35 Maryhill Museum Drive
Goldendale, Washington 98620 USA

Tel. 001 - 509 - 773 37 33
Fax 001 - 509 - 773 61 38

The Maryhill Museum owns an internationally recognized collection of Rodin sculptures and watercolors, including the only pedestal sized plaster version of the The Thinker and a life sized plaster of Eve from the Gates of Hell. The Website also shows a plaster and terracotta version of the Fallen Caryatid Carrying her Stone. The Museum was founded by Samuel Hill, who had been introduced to Loe Fuller by Alma de Bretteville-Spreckels in 1915. Till 1922, Hill bough a significant collection of plasters, terra cottas, bronzes and watercolors, first directly from Rodin, later through Loe Fuller.

In the 1950s, additional sculptures were acquired from Spicer Simpson, who had received them as gifts from Rodin.

During the 2000 season, part of the Rodin Collection was on loan to the Yakima Valley Museum, 90 miles north of Maryhill in Yakima, Washington.

The Rodin Gallery was recently renovated and re-designed with all of the sculptures in the Museum's collection now on permanent display.

  Rodin: The Maryhill Collection, catalog of an exhibition at 
the J. Paul Getty Museum, 1976, published by Washington State University Press, Pullman, Washington.

 



Terms of Use  Copyright Policy    Menu missing?  Back one page  Reload this page   Top of this page 

Notice: Museum logos appear only as buttons linking to Museum Websites and do not imply any
formal approval of RODIN-WEB pages by these institutions. For details see Copyright Policy.
Copyright 1992 - September 2003 for data collection & design by Hans de Roos - All Rights Reserved.
Last update of this page: 19.09.2003